Red Green Blue Purple Pink Gold Orange
Pogo Rejects
March 29, 2024, 03:23:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
All members, head over to http://www.pogorejects.com
 we're waiting for YOU!!!

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Store Classifieds Gallery Staff List Login Register  

American Idol - First Impressions Contest

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: American Idol - First Impressions Contest  (Read 3594 times)
Saint Hippo
Pickler Fan Club Member
Absolute Reject

« on: January 07, 2010, 01:18:40 pm »

It's back for a 3rd year. It's the annual...

**NY09** American Idol **NY09**
-
First Impressions Contest

We're reverting back to the original rules of picking your early favorite based on their auditions (hence the "First Impressions") before the judges select the semi-finalists. (Last season we picked based on the 24, which gave you a greater odd of picking the winner... I don't like giving you better odds).

The prize is still the same
: $100 USD and if multiple people pick the same winner, the prize will be split between them.

The payout is slightly different: debit card, PayPal or gift card to your favorite location.

It's really simple. American Idol begins Tuesday, January 12th @ 8pm and your must make your selections before WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 17th @ 8:59PM EST. Why that date & time? Well that's the day the judge selects the 24 (top 12 men and women) semi-finalists (@ 9pm EST, which is why I want the cutoff 1 minute before).

Yes everyone is allow to take part (I will make a pick purely for entertainment purposes only. If I pick the same person as another person, I will not be counted in the splitting of the pot)

If there are any questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them if someone doesn't beat me to it. Maybe we'd see a winner this year after getting very close the last two seasons.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

GinLyn
Absolute Reject

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 04:20:22 pm »

This sounds exciting, thanks Hip!   *~*
Report Spam   Logged

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
greeneyes
Vegan Freak
Absolute Reject

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 04:51:05 pm »

Good luck to everyone I would love to join this but I HATE ELLEN lol can't stand her one little bit.I was so looking forward to another year of Simon lol but then they announced she would be on so that did it for me lol.I wish you all tons of luck and Saint Hippo you are a sweetie for doing this for everyone.
Report Spam   Logged
Doodlebug76
Absolute Reject

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 04:56:04 pm »

WooHoo, I can't wait. I love Idol.

Thanks
Report Spam   Logged

Libra
Owner
Absolute Reject

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 05:18:05 pm »

I didn't watch Idol last year, but I will this year. I like this contest and I like it better than the one Hippo ran last year, too.

It's too easy to pick a winner out of the top 24. It's not so easy and a LOT more exciting to pick the winner from the point Hippo has given us to pick from.  `2
Report Spam   Logged

ShellBell
Absolute Reject

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 09:33:30 pm »

This sounds fun!........ /9

I have never watched Idol, but I will try to this season..(just remind me!..LOL).......thanks Hip!!.... this was nice of you to do........... (())
Report Spam   Logged
ModernNomadMomma
Rejected

Livin' The Dream

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 09:48:02 pm »

Sorry for the question, but to clarify, we pick 24 people we think are going to make it into the 24, or pick the person we think will win over all and become the next american idol? I'm a bit confused.
Report Spam   Logged

Not all those that wander are lost. ~J.R.R. Tolkien
Doodlebug76
Absolute Reject

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 11:35:05 pm »

I think we pick to over all winner.
Report Spam   Logged

ShellBell
Absolute Reject

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 11:45:00 pm »

Sorry for the question, but to clarify, we pick 24 people we think are going to make it into the 24, or pick the person we think will win over all and become the next american idol? I'm a bit confused.

you pick one person to win the American Idol contest, out of all the Auditions you see on TV, before the judges pick the 24 semi-finalists that will compete in the show on TV the rest of the season.........someone please correct me if Im wrong...lol.... *?-
Report Spam   Logged
ModernNomadMomma
Rejected

Livin' The Dream

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 11:50:24 pm »

Ahh.. OK - yeah, wow. That is a challenge. LOL Has anyone ever been right before?

P.S. I, for one, cannot wait to watch this season. I never watched much of it before, except maybe 5-6 times when nothing else was on because I cannot stand Paula, and I tolerate Simon. However, I LOVE Ellen (don't shoot me!) and if I ever go lezzy, she'd be my idol. LOL Megan Fox would be my crush though. ROFL! Oops, did I say that??
Report Spam   Logged

Saint Hippo
Pickler Fan Club Member
Absolute Reject

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 09:35:40 am »

That is correct, you pick 1 person before the judges select the final 24 based purely on the auditions. The last two season, we've had people pick the runner up (David A. & Adam L.) but never the winner.

You are allowed to pick the same person as any one else here on the forum so it's not based on "first come, first served". Just pick who you think will win the entire season... seems simple, eh?  @@!+
Report Spam   Logged

ModernNomadMomma
Rejected

Livin' The Dream

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 09:41:43 pm »

OK, I think I'm ready to pick. I'm probably going to be way wrong, and I've changed my mind like 50 times now, but I have to pick someone, so I'm picking Crystal Bowersox.

On a side note - the "blondezilla" guy (6'8") was .. wow.. LOL Simon said he ate a 12yr old boy. I about died when he said that. SOO MEAN! lol

Modified on January 16th at 8:00pm CST
Report Spam   Logged

puppy291
Still Accepted by Society

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 10:01:53 am »

"blondezilla" guy  LOL ... That was way too funny
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Hippo
Pickler Fan Club Member
Absolute Reject

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 01:46:14 pm »

I could be wrong but I believe Hollywood week starts this week (also the debut of Ellen) so it's going to be your best chance to get a look at possible choices. Remember deadline is NEXT WEDNESDAY so if you're going to take part, you need to get your pick in.
Report Spam   Logged

Saint Hippo
Pickler Fan Club Member
Absolute Reject

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 06:25:40 pm »

For those that don't remember, deadline is in less than 3 hours to get your pick in... so far just one person has made a pick: Modern picked "Crystal Bowersox" (which will help ease my mind @@!+ )
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: