Red Green Blue Purple Pink Gold Orange
Pogo Rejects
March 29, 2024, 09:40:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
All members, head over to http://www.pogorejects.com
 we're waiting for YOU!!!

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Store Classifieds Gallery Staff List Login Register  

New Pogo Rejects!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Pogo Rejects!  (Read 4418 times)
nanners
Mama Bitch
Absolute Reject

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 04:13:31 pm »

Not much wonder he's sick LMAO
Report Spam   Logged
Harland
Hey, are ya naked?
Back Alley Cat
Absolute Reject

#1 Hoffi Fan!!!

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 04:33:18 pm »

sounds interesting to me what you all doing, hope its not complicated or a idiot like me will /1 /1, lol.

It's not complicated. It's just time. SMF set up is about as easy as they come, and if you've got a decent host, a lot of times, they will walk you through third party set ups. However, they've already gotten past the "hard" part which is launching the forum - now they are just dealing with tweaking it - and that's not hard. It's just time consuming. Only advice I have is to not go overboard with the mods. It doesn't matter how fast your host is, how much bandwidth you pay for, how how much tweaking you do - if you add too many mods, you will ultimately slow down your site and members will be crawling. So be picky about what you integrate, and open a TEST forum to apply those mods BEFORE adding the mods to your actual forum. That way you can see how each mod will interact with the others. Otherwise, good luck and can't wait to see your unveiling.
SMF is the easiest forum software to use. I've personally used phpbb, vBulletin, e107, and a ton of other small ones and SMF is about the most functional and easiest to configure. Minimal code editing and trouble shooting and their package installer makes everything simple. Most of the time spent setting up any forum is getting where it works for you or your members.

Mods can slow down the forum, depending on what they do. Some of the ajax mods run more processes, which slows the forum down, while others that get hard coded are lighter on the system, others just change what is shown on the forum and don't slow it down much at all. The last forum I had, had over 50 mods, a few custom and 8 user selectable themes. Ran a bit slower than a fresh install, but not noticeable to most.

Report Spam   Logged

Nobody succeeds beyond his or her wildest expectations
unless he or she begins with some wild expectations
RECTORSHIP
Absolute Reject

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010, 05:46:23 pm »

F.Y.I.  Anything over 3,000 games in the arcade will really bring your forum down to a crawl
Report Spam   Logged

From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots.
--Thomas Jefferson--
Harland
Hey, are ya naked?
Back Alley Cat
Absolute Reject

#1 Hoffi Fan!!!

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010, 05:50:01 pm »

F.Y.I.  Anything over 3,000 games in the arcade will really bring your forum down to a crawl
Sticking to around 2000, give or take.
Report Spam   Logged

Libra
Owner
Absolute Reject

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2010, 09:11:33 pm »

This is all so exciting.  --+-- --+-- --+-- --+--

I wish Fuzzy were here.  ;;;
Report Spam   Logged

nanners
Mama Bitch
Absolute Reject

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 09:29:05 pm »

me tooo  ;;;
Report Spam   Logged
Bubbles
FORUM SEW AND SEW
Absolute Reject

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2010, 09:37:38 pm »

do you think she will ever come back here?  I seriously am having my doubts  ;;;
Report Spam   Logged
nanners
Mama Bitch
Absolute Reject

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2010, 09:42:18 pm »

It looks pretty dim that she will I think. I just hope she is ok and happy  &7*8
Report Spam   Logged
Libra
Owner
Absolute Reject

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2010, 09:53:14 pm »

I've sent her emails but no response. Hippo gets texts from her on occasion. I just sent her an update on everything a couple of days ago.... However, I think her email was hacked. I've been getting spam from her email address so God only knows if she's even getting my emails.

I reckon I should text her.... I HAVE to let her know about the new place. I don't want her to show up here and it be a ghost town.
Report Spam   Logged

nanners
Mama Bitch
Absolute Reject

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2010, 10:00:58 pm »

She told me a few months ago that indeed her mail was hacked. She got it all straightened out tho. Haven't had anything from her in awhile. I haz a sad over this.  ;;;
Report Spam   Logged
Sharon
Absolute Reject

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 08:46:26 am »

When will the move to the "New Pogo Reject's take place??
Report Spam   Logged
greeneyes
Vegan Freak
Absolute Reject

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 09:07:27 am »

I think this is going to be great.Thank you to everyone for all the hard work you are doing to get the new forum up and running. --+--
Report Spam   Logged
Harland
Hey, are ya naked?
Back Alley Cat
Absolute Reject

#1 Hoffi Fan!!!

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2010, 09:32:43 am »

When will the move to the "New Pogo Reject's take place??
By the end of the month.
Report Spam   Logged

ShortShit!
Absolute Reject

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2010, 09:56:34 am »

sounds interesting to me what you all doing, hope its not complicated or a idiot like me will /1 /1, lol.

It's not complicated. It's just time. SMF set up is about as easy as they come, and if you've got a decent host, a lot of times, they will walk you through third party set ups. However, they've already gotten past the "hard" part which is launching the forum - now they are just dealing with tweaking it - and that's not hard. It's just time consuming. Only advice I have is to not go overboard with the mods. It doesn't matter how fast your host is, how much bandwidth you pay for, how how much tweaking you do - if you add too many mods, you will ultimately slow down your site and members will be crawling. So be picky about what you integrate, and open a TEST forum to apply those mods BEFORE adding the mods to your actual forum. That way you can see how each mod will interact with the others. Otherwise, good luck and can't wait to see your unveiling.
SMF is the easiest forum software to use. I've personally used phpbb, vBulletin, e107, and a ton of other small ones and SMF is about the most functional and easiest to configure. Minimal code editing and trouble shooting and their package installer makes everything simple. Most of the time spent setting up any forum is getting where it works for you or your members.

Mods can slow down the forum, depending on what they do. Some of the ajax mods run more processes, which slows the forum down, while others that get hard coded are lighter on the system, others just change what is shown on the forum and don't slow it down much at all. The last forum I had, had over 50 mods, a few custom and 8 user selectable themes. Ran a bit slower than a fresh install, but not noticeable to most.

Harland is correct, it is not the amount of mods thats slows the forum down but rather the interaction between the mods; especially the ajax ones.  the best advice is to read the threads on each mod.  Any interaction problems (with other mods) are there with solutions.
Report Spam   Logged

"Maybe I will just trudge through this life...."
Libra
Owner
Absolute Reject

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2010, 02:53:09 pm »

Poor Nanners has been coding smileys for so long that she's talking in code in staff!  *haha* *haha* *haha*
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: